Sunday, December 30, 2012

A debate... 2012 the best of

 So I have been in a debate with myself on how to end the year blogging, do I do a best of, or my favorites??? If I do my favorites what are they, how do I decide????  The simple fact is I would give you guys a little insight on my life as a blogger, with a few of my faves in between.

My very first blog mani, wow look at those nubbins:)
Several months ago I was inspired to start a blog, (you can thank my hubby for this one). Little did I know about blogging, taking pics, reviewing, or the fabulous community I was entering into. I just knew that I had a passion and love for nail polish that my local Walgreens could not satisfy.
I still love this mani, It was one of the first ones I did with my dotting tools:)

What I have learned this year about the fabulous world of nail polish is:

There will always be DRAMA, it is how you react to it that shows your true character.  From Indie makers gone rouge, to the travesty that is a "group buy", to the hate some can show over cuticles. 
Striping tape is way harder to work with than what I initially thought

Just because they are similar, does not mean you don't need them all:) I probably have a dozen or so of bright pinks that are so close you would need a microscope to distinguish between them.  But they are not dupes so they stay:)
This is the mani on pinterest that started my love of all things polish!!!

Blogger Review Samples - Who knew there was such a thing, not I.  The first time I was contacted about a doing a review I was floored, honored, and overwhelmed.  I consider it a privilege not a right to review products, and I am honored every time I get the chance.
My first time wearing black tips, I still feel weird about them.
 
Finishes are just as important as color.  Whether it is crème, matte, shimmer, metallic, glitter, flakie or jelly, the finish can make or break the polish.
This mani is one of my all time favorites. I just loved the way matte changed the whole look of this polish!!!

Nail Care - Cuticle care requires no cutting and daily attention.  Nail shape is a personal decision whether it is square, oval, round, or stiletto.  Biotin is your nails best friend! and toothpaste can whiten yellow nails.
My no H8 day mani, I'm still shocked by how good this turned out:)

The community of polish addicts is by far some of the best women that I have ever met!!!!  They are generous with their knowledge as well as their friendship. I feel privileged to know and call some of these ladies friends.
I Love these dots!!!

Free hand art is waaaay harder than it looks, those ladies have mad skills!!!!
This mani took me every bit of 2 hrs to do:/

Stamping takes practice!!!! A good top coat and some tape can fix a stamping fail in a flash.
Inspiration can come from anywhere, this came from curtains.

Watermarbles are beautiful, but can be a huge pain in the butt.

Now for some fun facts about me:)

My current stash is 300+ and continues to grow with every trip to Sally's, Ulta, and Sephora.

I am not good at free hand, but I will give it a try every now and then.

My favorite color of polish is red:) I have at least 25 different reds:)
 
I Love holo polishes!!!!
 
 Seche Vite is my go to topcoat!
 
That is all for now dolls. I wish you all a very happy 2013!!!!
 
♥ ~ Melissa

7 comments:

  1. great post :) i really liked the "what ive learned" style rather than the "best of" style. im new to blogging so im learning all of this now :) have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your year in review! You've inspired me to do something similar! Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! Great way to wrap up the year :) It's funny how you go into blogging for one reason and you learn so many different things along the way... it's not all fun and games, but that makes the experience all the richer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post, especially for someone who just got started in the beauty blogging community. :)
    Keep up the great work! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, hope this year will be happy and full of new ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your spin on the end of year wrap up post! helpful and LOVE your featured manis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog! Looking forward to the next year of posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments:) Have a pinked day:)