Friday, May 13, 2016

Reverse Stamping Take 2

Happy Friday Dolls:) So for today's mani I did a reverse stamp. Now I have tried reverse stamping method before and it wasn't a real success as it peeled half way through Day 2:( So I tweaked some things and gave it another shot! I used just a silicone baking mat to do this method, but you could use a beauty mat or something similar. I put my SV top coat down and then stamped in black the pattern that I wanted. I filled in the design with OPI OPI on Collins Ave., Essie Good as Gold and China Glaze Too Yacht Too Handle. Once this was semi-dry I put China Glaze Girls Just Want to Have Sun over top of the design. Now working one nail/decal at a time I top coated the decal... waited a few min and put a base of CG Girls Just Want to Have Sun on my nail.  I carefully peeled up the decal and placed it on the wet base. I then cleaned up the edges and then top coat it again making sure to seal everything in. Rinse and repeat for the other 9:) Here is the finished product!

I am really proud of how well this mani turned out and it lasted 5 full days:) I still managed to smudge a few spots and it took a lot longer to do this method than I thought it would. There are lots of youtube videos that give great tutorials on this method. I found after several failed attempts to not let the decals dry completely, but you don't want them tacky either so somewhere right in between! That way the decal doesn't curl up and will lay down completely on your nail. I will definitely use this method again in the future!  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

♥ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments:) Have a pinked day:)