Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Negative Space Stamping Mani!!!

Hey Dolls:) Today's mani has been a while in the making!!! I have always loved the look of negative space manis, but I have never been able to execute them correctly:( I always would manage to smear the black somehow and then after multiple attempts I would get fed up and do something else!!! So I used a different method for this!!!


 I used Bundle Monster Abstract Set and stamped onto my silicone mat and covered it with a coat of SV (waited patiently for it to dry):) Then I placed the pre-stamped sheet over my wet nail (clear base coat) and cleaned it up with some acetone and sealed it all with SV:) On my accent nail I used China Glaze Daisy Know My Name? over white and used the same method!! Now for the downfall of this mani.... This sucker peeled off about halfway through day 2:(  I think it was maybe the base coat wasn't thick enough to fully secure the "sheet" to my nail or maybe I got sloppy and didn't fully seal the tip with SV!?!?! I will say that I will definitely use this method again as I love the crispness of the stamping (with no fear of it not fully transferring) but I will be tweaking my method of application!!!!  
Do you use this method??? Any tips or tricks to share??? Would love your input!!!

♥ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments:) Have a pinked day:)